Monday, September 1, 2014

September Already??




His face says it all!! I cannot believe it is September. Addie has completed 4 weeks of Kindergarten, I've been back to work for 4 weeks, Asa is 16 weeks old (!), and Asher just turned 3. Since I've become a mom, I've become much more aware of how time flies! Seems like just yesterday I was dreaming of being a wife and mom and now I've been a wife for 7 years and I'm the mother of 3! It is super hard to balance being a working mom and enjoying every moment, every stage, every memory of your children/family. This is something that I need to do better at! I want to make more memories, to slow down more and enjoy the stage we are in (the busy, mother of 3 kids 5 and under stage).  This will mean saying no to some things and not getting too involved but it will be worth it!

This weekend has been a nice time to just slow down and enjoy my sweet family. It seems like we are always on the go. I've always been so busy that it is usually hard for me to not be busy. But this weekend we really took it easy. We've hung out with friends and just been lazy around the house. We've had picnics and played at the park. I've enjoyed seeing the kids smile, laugh, and play. I've enjoyed one on one snuggle time with each one this weekend (and that is hard to do!)

As the weekend comes to an end, I'm thinking about how much fun we've had. I'm realizing that if I'm going to make the most of every moment, I will have to be more intentional. I will have to make more of an effort. I will have to slow down. It's OK not to be busy all the time. My kids need me and I need them. We need snuggle time and play time and time with friends. Yes, I still have to work and they still have to go to school but we have evenings, weekends, holidays, and vacations. We will make the most of all of these!!

I love my family and the memories we've made! Since time is not going to slow down, it's up to me to slow down. I am determined to do a better job of slowing down and making the most of every moment. Bring on the memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment