Friday has finally come.....I feel like a marathon runner (or the way I imagine they'd feel) after a long race. My weeks are like go, go, go, go, go. When Friday comes, I can finally take a big breath and can finally relax a little. I've finished this week's race.
To celebrate my victory (making it to Friday), I did something a little silly. Addie (age5) has been talking about having a birthday party for her baby doll. So I thought "why not?" I knew that she would LOVE it if we made a big deal out of this. I went to the store and picked up some party supplies and sent Josh for a cookie cake complete with "Happy Birthday Jackson". We invited her very best friend and her mom (my friend) over. We had pizza, sang "happy birthday", and ate cookie cake. The girls even made cards for her doll. It was so much fun!
Why did I do this?? I think I'm beginning to learn that it's the little things in life that mean the most. Making memories with my kids doesn't require a lot of money or planning. We don't have to go on elaborate outings or trips. They just enjoy spending time together. They enjoy when I make a big deal about something they love (like baby doll Jackson). And I needed to take a big breath....I needed to slow down....I needed to spend time with my kids.
Yes, it was a silly idea. It made her very happy though! We made a fun memory and some cute pictures. It was a nice, fun ending to a long, crazy, busy week.
No comments:
Post a Comment