Relaxing and reconnecting.....the theme of this weekend!
Relaxing is something I don't do often enough. For some reason, I seem to thrive on busyness and tend to make myself busy even when there really isn't any need to be. Recently in a women's Bible study that I'm involved in, we discovered that busyness can be a sin! (Something I'd never considered.) So this weekend, I was not busy.....I spent time enjoying my family. I took a few naps. I really relaxed and rested.
I also reconnected.....I feel like Josh and I are so busy during the week that we barely speak to each other. We have so many responsibilities and obligations between our kids, our jobs, our church, and our kids' extracurricular activities. I felt so disconnected and desired to just have a quiet evening and conversation with him. So, we hired a babysitter for our 3 sweet babies and went out. We got dressed up and went to a nice restaurant called "Grits". We did a little shopping and then went to Applebee's for a dessert. It was wonderful! It was just what we needed. We probably spent more money than we should have, but it was worth it. Another recent Bible study take away was that you must invest in your marriage. I'd like to commit more time in investing in my marriage. I can definitely tell when I'm not investing in it. I don't want to be strangers when our kids are grown and gone. I love my husband and still love going on dates and spending time alone with him.
Overall, this has been one of the best weekends we've had in a while!
Yay for good weekends and relaxing! I love love love weekends where you can just breathe and recoup from the stressful week. Now we must get ready for Buggy Days weekend....YaHOOOO!
ReplyDelete