This has been a recurrent theme in my heart this week. "Life is about relationships." And our pastor actually made the exact same comment several times in today's sermon....so I feel like God is trying to tell me something!! Maybe I need to get my priorities straight and focus on the relationships in my life rather than everything else.
This week has been wonderful and full of time with a lot of my favorite people! It was fall break for our big kids, so Josh and I took the week off for some vacation, rest, and family fun. We went to the beach with friends, went to the fair as a family of 5, and spent time with my family (parents, sisters, and nieces).
So....the relationships in my life-
My Spouse-
Josh is truly my best friend. He is my right-hand man. He is my high school sweetheart. He is the love of my life. God has truly blessed us with a wonderful marriage. Yes, there are plenty of ups and downs but we are facing them together.
My babies-
Addie, Asher, and Asa are 3 of my greatest blessings. They are so fun and full of life. I enjoyed some time with all 3 and even some quiet one on one moments with each one this week. Addie is a big helper and very smart. She is usually very well behaved. Asher is all boy and can be quite the challenge at times but can also be super sweet. Asa is all hugs and kisses- everything is new to him and he is enjoying exploring his world.
My family-
I am super thankful to live close to my parents and inlaws. They are a huge help and support and my kids adore them. My sisters and I aren't as close as we once were- due to distance and busy-ness but they are still 2 of my very best friends. And my nieces are so sweet and have such a sweet relationship with my kids. I'm thankful that my kids have cousins to grow up with!
My friends-
I have some amazing friends. I am not one who has been good at maintaining lifetime friendships but the friends that I have acquired in this stage of my life are sure to be my forever friends. I love that our kids are growing up together.
My Soul Sisters-
this is my women's Bible study group. I love these women more and more with each passing week. They are inspiring and uplifting. I'm thankful to have a group of Godly women to do life with.
All these relationships are important and impact the person that I am but......the most important relationship in this life (and the next) is my relationship with God. Yes, I think that is what He wants me to remember. The God of the universe is madly in love with me and wants a daily, personal relationship with me. How amazing is that?? He wants me to talk to Him every day and He wants to talk to ME! He wants me to read His Word and find my delight and joy in Him. He wants to be everything to me- my provider, my protector, my comforter, my joy, my deliverer, my sustainer, my hope, my peace.......
All the relationships in my life are so important. Sadly, I often neglect the most important one. I have all these other relationships because of HIM. Every good and perfect gift comes from HIM. He gives me life and breath. He is the reason that I live and move and breathe. May I glorify Him in all my relationships but most importantly, may I daily pursue a closer walk with my Lord and Savior.





No comments:
Post a Comment