Sunday, April 12, 2015

Bye, bye 20s! Hello 30s!

I remember when 30 was old. Well today I am 30 and I can honestly say that I don't feel so old! As I was recently reminded every birthday is a blessing and I accomplished a lot in my 20s! So as I celebrate another year and entering into a new decade of my life, let's take a quick look back......

My 20s were definitely crazy, busy, beautiful years!

* I graduated THREE times in my 20s! At age 22, I graduated with my associates degree in nursing from Gordon College (now Gordon State). At age 24, I graduated with my BSN from the Medical College of Georgia (now Georgia Regents). At age 28, I graduated with my MSN as a family nurse practitioner from Georgia College and State University.

*I married my high school sweetheart and best friend at the age of 22. So thankful that Joshua Swatts has been a part of my 20s and will be a part of my 30s, 40s, 50s,60s, ok you get the idea ;)

*I became a mother in my 20s! At the age of 24, Josh and I welcomed Addison Grace into the world. Not too long after that, at the age of 26, Asher Tillman joined our family. And then, 11 months ago today, when I was 29, Asa Joseph came along!

I've also had several great jobs and made some amazing friends in my 20s.

Sadly, everything I dreamed about as a teenager- getting married, having babies, and being a nurse- were accomplished in my 20s.....so what now?


I think my 30s will be the best years yet! I get to enjoy my dreams come true. I doubt when this decade is over that I'll have so many accomplishments to remember but I plan on loving on my husband and babies and being the best wife and mother I can be! I plan to be the best NP that I can be and to serve my patients with the gifts that God has blessed me with. I plan to continue serving God and growing in Him.

I will not be sad about getting older....I'm going to embrace my 30s and make the most of every day of this beautiful decade :)

No comments:

Post a Comment