Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Life Changing Faith- ramblings from my heart

This weekend, I spent time on a women's retreat with our church. The speaker was a great woman of faith who had been through some horrible trials yet has such strong faith.

I know that trials test and grow your faith but I want a life changing faith that grows every day. A few thoughts of my heart since the retreat include: Am I changed when I spend time reading God's Word? Am I allowing Him to work in and through me to accomplish His purpose and will for my life? Can the world see Jesus in me?

I truly want Him to be my desire. I want my time spent with Him each day to be the highlight of my day and I want to finish my "quiet time" feeling like I have been with Jesus. I want to hear Him speaking to my heart and I want to be changed and transformed into the woman of God that He has created me to be.

All too often, I think others  believe that I have it all together. Because I am facilitating a women's Bible study, they think I have my quiet time and my faith perfected. Confession: I do not! Faith in God is a process. It requires a close, intimate relationship with Jesus. Just like all relationships, we must invest time and attention to our relationship with Him.

So how do I do this? I struggle with MAKING time each day to spend in prayer, Bible study, and meditation.I have a crazy, busy life! But it is possible! Personally, I use a Bible app where I read a verse each morning and also do some of the devotionals that the app offers. I usually spend my time in the shower each morning praying to Him. Some days (it should be EVERY day) I spend time at home during my lunch break reading my Bible. I talk to God in prayer throughout the day as differect things come up.

So...my plan- I truly want to grow! I want to have a strong life changing faith. I plan to work harder to make time each day to spend with Jesus. I plan to prayerfully seek Him before I begin reading His word. I plan to meditate on the scripture and do some journaling. I want my heart to be transformed by the powerful Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment