Monday, December 28, 2015
The Story of Us...15 years and counting
Tomorrow (12/29/15) marks 15 years since the day that Josh and I consider the beginning of our dating relationship. As we celebrate 15 years, I thought I'd share our story.
Josh and I met around age 12 when my family began attending the same church that Josh and his family attended. We were in the same Sunday school class and then the same youth group. I'm not sure about Josh, but I quickly developed a crush! I was super shy so I tried to admire him quietly but I'm afraid it was probably pretty obvious. I loved any opportunity to sit beside him and memorized things he would say to me ( I know I know. ..how lame #younglove). The youth would sit on the back pew during Sunday morning services and occasionally the preacher would instruct the congregation to hold hands during prayer. Oh how excited I was when I was sitting next to him and we had to hold hands!
I remember daydreaming about him falling in love with me and marrying me. I even remember praying for my future husband and all the while thinking of him.
In December 2000, things started to change. We were chosen to play Joseph and Mary in the live nativity at church. He seemed kind of flirty that night. Then on December 29, 2000, we went to a youth conference with our youth group. I noticed that everywhere I turned that day, he was right there. ..at the breakout sessions. ...recreation....lunch...and the concert/conference. That night during the concert, everyone else went down to be close to the stage. Josh made some excuse to stay in his seat...and I came up with an excuse to stay with him. The next thing I knew, we were holding hands!
Holding hands led to long telephone conversations. We did all the classic "you hang up...no, you hang up" "I love you." "I love you more. I win!" Since we were only 15 and not old enough to officially "date", he and his mom would pick me up to go to his house to watch a movie or he would come home with me for Sunday lunch. Our first official date after getting our drivers licenses was Taco Bell, a movie, and putt putt.
We spent our high school years and college years together...dating 7 years before we were able to finally get married.
He is still my very best friend and the love of my life. We have been through our share of ups and downs and are stronger for it. We learned so much together about life and love.
I am so thankful that God made him for me! I am so thankful that I started dating my husband when we were just 15. I'm blessed to have already spent half of my life with him and I look forward to what God has for our future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

And oh how I enjoyed watching this young love grow into a Beautiful Family.Watching you two made a better person out of me . I Pray you both have many years together and can't wait to see what more happens in the future of the Swatt's family. Love you two!!
ReplyDeleteAnd oh how I enjoyed watching this young love grow into a Beautiful Family.Watching you two made a better person out of me . I Pray you both have many years together and can't wait to see what more happens in the future of the Swatt's family. Love you two!!
ReplyDelete