I LOVE Christmas! It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. People are excited and generous. There are lights everywhere and tons of fun stuff to do with my family.
As Christmas quickly approaches, I've been enjoying Christmas music on the radio and have read several Christmas devotions using my You version Bible app. All this has got me really thinking about the true meaning of Christmas. Yes, I've always known that Christmas is about Jesus and the Virgin birth and the star and the manger and the shepherds. But do you know that it is so much more than that?!
Think for a moment about life before Jesus. The world was a dark place. There was no hope. People didn't have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them to lead and guide their lives. They didn't have Jesus as the mediator between them and God. They had to rely on a priest to intercede on their behalf and rely on sacrificial livestock to atone for the wrongs they committed. They didn't have a "personal relationship" with their Heavenly Father.
But Christmas changed all this! ! Hallelujah! !!
God sent His Son into this desperate place. He sent Light into our darkness. He sent Hope and Peace.
Jesus is....the Light of the World, the Good Shepherd, the Way, the Truth, the Life, Wonderful Counselor, Everlasting Father, Almighty God, Prince of Peace, Savior, Redeemer. Christmas is Jesus! The turning point in history when hope was born.
I am so thankful that I live in a world after Christmas. Even though the world we live in seems as desperate if not more than the world before Christmas, we have hope. We know Jesus is the answer. There is a Light in the darkness....and this Light can give us peace, hope and joy!!!
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and pray that you celebrate Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment