That's what I feel like....a juggler! I spend so much time trying to keep my plates spinning and in the air. Trying to find balance between family, church, work, and extra curriculars, is never ending! The past 2 weeks, I've really been struggling with this.
Last week, Addie had field day. I hated to ask for another day off but she was begging me to be there. My solution: half day work and half day field day. Tomorrow is Addie's student of the month lunch so once again I'll be splitting my day between work and my Addie.
I feel so torn....I need to be there for my kids. After all, they are only this age once! I'm also obligated to my employer and I feel so guilty to take time off. I even struggle when my kids are sick- should I call out or is there another solution? I feel like a bad mom if I choose work but feel like I'm letting so many people down if I don't choose work.
I'm sure I'm not alone. Many moms have jobs that are even less flexible than me. I'm blessed to have opportunities to do things with my kids. I'm blessed to have a job. God has given me everything I need. God has put me here for a reason. I will do my best to be there for my kids and be the best mom ever! I will also do my best to fulfill my responsibilities at work. Maybe one day, my circumstances will change and I'll be able to focus on my family more. But for now, I will strive to be the best, most involved, working mama I can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment